Test of ARAP.... was 165 MAF computer

Marteney, Steven J. smarteney at xlvision.com
Tue Jul 3 13:50:02 GMT 2001

Okay I ran ARAP last night unmodified (cept for TCC stuff).  It behaved as I
remembered the other stock cal behaving when I first fired the motor.  (One
big exception it actually will start when it's warm.  To correct that in the
other chip I changed Base PW Correction vs. Battery Voltage for values below
12V.)

The big news is I shattered the 175gps barrier... got 180gps.  As with my
other chip, the BLMs were always high 150's or locked at 160.  The BLI's
were typically low 130's, so it really wants fuel.  Went into closed loop
mode very quickly, probably less than a minute.  Cold idle was severely
erratic, had to two foot drive it.  Once it got warm the idle settled down.
Off-idle stumble is bad.  Again, all things I experienced with the stock
chip.

Wow.  Now I'm confused.  Just looked at ARAP compared directly to APYU in
TunerCat (fair comparison???).  ARAP has WAY more advance in the main spark
advance table, typically 7-10 degrees more in the high rpm, high load areas.
But, ARAP's WOT Advance @4800rpm is 7 degrees less than APYU.  I guess one
question I have... is the WOT Spark Advance vs. RPM table simply added to
the main timing map value (less knock retard, etc.)?  I think I'm going to
break the rest of my timing questions out into a seperate thread.

Steve