Test of ARAP.... was 165 MAF computer

Gabe gellett at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 3 19:48:18 GMT 2001

"Marteney, Steven J." wrote:

> What's your truck weigh?

Don't know...  It's an '83 GMC Full size 2wd long bed with windows/locks, a/c,
full carpet, etc... & a composite toolbox in the back (probably about 75lbs
worth of stuff)  - your guess is as good as mine.

Here's a link to a pic if that helps you visualize

http://home.earthlink.net/~gellett/truck.jpg

> I have a feeling my timing is too far advanced and killing power, couple
> with a rich running engine so it doesn't detonate.  Or I'm dropping a
> cylinder but the engine sounds and feels smooth all the way up.  I can
> DEFINITELY FEEL the torque down low so I know it's better than stock but it
> just hits a wall.  Part of my performance problem is traction, but Street
> Dyno doesn't care since I do a rolling start.

Traction is a problem I don't have :)  The 305 just doesn't output enough with a
1700 stall to turn over the 275/60's...

> I like the street dyno software.  Well... it is hard to use and feature poor
> but it gives me a real idea what's going on.  It's buggy though.  I'm
> programming my own Win98 1/4 mile simulator so I use the points generated by
> street dyno to feed the sim, especially since I don't handle flywheel torque
> yet.

Sounds cool....  I may have to check into that or some other "dyno" software....

Gabe