Was: Diacom craps out again..... Now: Resolved!

Craig M. TPIVette at swbell.net
Thu Jul 5 22:46:35 GMT 2001

I bought an old Compaq LTE off ebay for $45 or so.... it works great
with the '90 727! I tried a couple of old 486 Thinkpads and they didn't
work worth crap on the 727 but they worked on some '86 vettes and on my
old '85.
Now! On to the tuning of the new car!

Thanks for all the input guys, it sure helped me find a compatible
laptop. More than Rinda did. (I'm even a registered Diacom Plus user!)

Craig M.

Behalf
> Of Bruce
> Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 6:04 PM
> To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
> Subject: Re: Daicom craps out again.....
>

> I've been using an old AST 486/25 for years and it has yet not to link
> with
> something.   Seems to be the Mr Spock of the Diacom world.
> Bruce
>

> From: "Craig M." <TPIVette at swbell.net>
> Subject: RE: Daicom craps out again.....
>

> > > I've had some problems with "real" scan tools and 90+91 Vettes.
> > Serial
> > > data is
> > > output on pin M of the ALDL, while the Airbag controller (DERM) is
> > > connected to
> > > terminal L. L and M are tied together in the parallel interface
cable.
> > > suggest trying jumper wires and connecting only pins A, B, and M
> > between
> > > the
> > > ALDL and the cable end.  This eliminated the possibility of
> > interference
> > > with
> > > the DERM.
> > > See reference page:
> > > ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/pub/gmecm/manuals/1227730/90-7727V8TPI-7.jpg
> > Okay, I tried doing this, running just three wires from ALDL to
Diacom

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org