Now way OT Was Re: Temp-to-resistance,

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Jul 6 23:04:19 GMT 2001

LOL.  So was I.  But it didn't stop me from messing with cars.  I owned two
before I was old enough to drive. I had a 28 Chevy truck that I'd dragged out of
the woods with dreams of making a pulling truck.  Inline 216 ci engine, 4 speed
trans with granny gear, 2:1 reduction box where the driveshaft should have been,
and a Ford 1 ton truck axle with a 6 something to 1  worm drive rear end bolted
directly to the frame.  I learned about things like spark retard (definitely a
plus when hand cranking the engine), cable brake adjustment, updraft
carburetors, 6 volt electrical systems, hand wound generators, and the real use
for my grandfather's 19/32" open end wrench.  I got the sucker running, but
without real tools I was never able to free up the rusted clutch cover bolts to
make a real driveable vehicle.   I had built a 55 Chevy pickup and had it road
ready the day I got my license.  In fact, it was registered before I had the
license, and it had more rare options than I think one person could ever find
today.  Ahh..  but I got tired of it and sold it for $75 plus a beat up 79
Caprice.  And I really thought I'd made a good trade.

Hey, Wait!  Somebody hit that remote.  We're on the history channel again.

Shannen