couple of 747 related questions

Mathieu Blais fireb76 at videotron.ca
Sat Jul 7 03:15:27 GMT 2001

        I'm in the process of assembling the in car wiring harness and
running into couple of questions. I have the 747 wiring diagram, but not too
sure about a couple of things since it will be use with a 4speed manual
trans.  I will be using the ARPC7509, suppose to be for a 5.0L manual.  On
pin B10, there's the park/neutral signal, I suppose I  don't need that?  The
clutch switch would only be use for the starter solenoid and the C9 pin.

    Most of the problems are with the VSS buffer connections, I have a
couple and they have different wire colors, but the letters on the
connectors matches between them. If I'm correct the white connector should
be A-> signal ,   B-> ground , C-> ignition12+ ant there's another one wire
connector with a 5 on it with a yellow wire, but have no clue about that
one.

    And just want to make sure with the ALDL connections, A-> pin A12, B->
pin A9,  E&M-> pin A8.  Since the pick-up didn't have fuel injection before
I need to setup a SES light and maybe even a shift light, could big led be
used, or should I stay with regular bulbs.

By the way, if I decide not to use the canister purge system, what should I
do in order to make sure that the fuel tank won't burst?  Could I just put a
vented gas cap?

    Thanks,
    Math Blais
    fireb76 at videotron.ca