couple of 747 related questions

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Mon Jul 9 05:10:15 GMT 2001

At 12:10 AM 7/9/2001 -0400, you wrote:
<snip?
>> By the way, if I decide not to use the canister purge system, what should I
>> do in order to make sure that the fuel tank won't burst?  Could I just
put a
>> vented gas cap?
>
>You will need a vent of some type.  I'm using a vented cap.  But I will
connect
>the purge system eventually.
>Shannen

I'd probably setup the purge for either full-time or use the stock temp
controlled purge valve seen on 2.8 S-trucks.   In playing with purge
(730/$8D) I've found that there's no problem bringing it in at lower temps
(80deg F), just requires some tweaking in the VE tables to account for the
added fuel reguardless of temp purge is enabled at.

Leave the purge out initially, you'll have enough other variables to tend
to.

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob at tecmark.com