Vette TPI 350ci Upgrade thoughts...???

Doug Dayson djdayson at home.com
Tue Jul 10 06:11:19 GMT 2001

Hi all, a beautiful 34K mile, one owner, always garaged  91 Z07 6 Speed
Vette just fell into my hands (couldn't say no), so I have some
questions of Ya'll.

I love th car except that my old 71 Vette Coupe 406/375 will eat it in
the straights, so to cure that ailment I'm considering the following...

Stock bottom end,
LPE 219 @ .050 hyd roller or TPIS ZZ9 212 @ .050 hyd roller,
ported L98 heads with 2.00 and 1.56 valves or AFR 190's,
big manifold base, Super Ram or Big Tube runners and a ported stock
plenum,
52mm TB,
1 5/8" headers, 3" Random Tech CAT, 2.5" Dynomax  Super Turbos,
opened up airbox.

Would the speed density system need calibration change for the smaller
TPIS cam?

Looking for 112 corrected mph in the 1/4 mile (roughly 325 rwhp) to be
happy, and I have to pass CA smog.

Any thoughts, comments?

Anybody on here with experience along these lines?

TIA in advance...

Doug