AMC 360 V8 EGR , CAM questions looking for sugestions.

Mike Dillon mdill at lsil.com
Tue Jul 10 08:10:14 GMT 2001

Hi Guy's ,

	I have a question on EGR valves and am looking for suggestions on what
Cam and EGR valve to use. This engine is going in to my daily driver 83 Jeep
Cherokee
(Old big one not the little ones). I am putting in ~9.0 cast pistons (It has to
start
and run at -30 degrees hence cast rather than forged, and hypers are not
available for the
AMC , you chevy guys get all the breaks :))
  Now that you are wondering what this has to do with the GMECM list, I am going
to a
GM TBI setup and will use a 747 (Thanks to Bruce and gang for their work). The
cam I am
thinking of is running 204/214 duration at .05" with 112 lobe separation. As I
am pretty
new to cam selection this seems like the about the right size for a nice idle
and the
mild CR. ratio, but I am just guessing, any suggestions or comments if you think
this is to
mild or wild for the 747 ?
   On EGR valves I have no clue, I am thinking that using a valve from the base
line 350
I took  most of the TBI parts from would be a good starting point. (One nice
thing AMC uses
the same EGR mounting pattern as the Chev SB) But I am unclear as to how
critical the choice
is.

Thanks Mike D.