AMC 360 V8 EGR , CAM questions looking for sugestions.

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Tue Jul 10 19:47:00 GMT 2001

Any engine has a certain amount of self EGR'ing.  The bigger the cam the
more it has (more time with both valves open).  It's rather easy to get to
where you have too much EGR.  So you might not be wanting to add much.

Just find a GM that approximates your's and start stripping stuff off of it.
Bruce

Subject: AMC 360 V8 EGR , CAM questions looking for sugestions.
> I have a question on EGR valves and am looking for suggestions on what
> Cam and EGR valve to use. This engine is going in to my daily driver 83
Jeep
> Cherokee (Old big one not the little ones). I am putting in ~9.0 cast
pistons (It has to
> start and run at -30 degrees hence cast rather than forged, and hypers are
not
> available for the AMC , you chevy guys get all the breaks :))
>   Now that you are wondering what this has to do with the GMECM list, I am
going
> to a GM TBI setup and will use a 747 (Thanks to Bruce and gang for their
work). The
> cam I am thinking of is running 204/214 duration at .05" with 112 lobe
separation. As I
> am pretty new to cam selection this seems like the about the right size
for a nice idle
> and the mild CR. ratio, but I am just guessing, any suggestions or
comments if you think
> this is to mild or wild for the 747 ?
>    On EGR valves I have no clue, I am thinking that using a valve from the
base
> line 350 I took  most of the TBI parts from would be a good starting
point. (One nice
> thing AMC uses the same EGR mounting pattern as the Chev SB) But I am
unclear as to how critical the choice is.