Retrofitting EFI on an old Buick

Kevin Wright krwright at wankel.net
Tue Jul 10 19:34:35 GMT 2001

I know that they didn't change them much, if any, initially. I once
examined a late 60s Triumph Stag that had been converted to Rover V8,
and the owner had chucked the early fuel-injection (Bosch?) and
bolted on an Edelbrock intake intended for the Buick/Olds 215, along
with a Rochester carb.
Later models may be different. Surely British hot-rodders would know
- the Rover's their stand-in for a small-block Chevy.

Wasn't it ae2598 at wayne.edu who said:
>I've got one of these motors, too.  Rover bought the rights to the design
>from GM, but I don't know if they modified the engine much before putting
>them into production.  Surely the current-production Range Rovers use EFI,
>so that might be the best place to start looking for ideas.
>
>  On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Bob Valentine wrote:
>
>>  Wasn't the 215 was later used by Range Rover, up to current production?
>>  Might have a drop in electronic dist.      Might use an aftermarket
>>  electronic conversion  kit to provide a pulse for the GM module.
>>
>>  -> Bob Valentine
>>  -> bob at tecmark.com
>>

>>  At 07:38 AM 7/10/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>>  >I have a friend who is building a 215 Buick motor for a dune
>>buggy, and he'd
>>  >like to put EFI on it.  I was considering drilling the stock manifold for
>>  >injector bungs, using one of those L shaped adaptors to mount the throttle
>>  >body and going with a '730 system.  My concern would be the distributor.  I
>>  >don't know enough about those motors to know what might work.  I
>>thought I'd
>>  >bring it up to the experience here to see what you all think.
>>  >
>>  >Does this sound feasible?
>>  >
>>  >Chris
>>  >To unsubscribe from gmecm, send "unsubscribe gmecm" (without the quotes)
>>  >in the body of a message (not the subject) to majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org
>>  >
>>  >

Kevin Wright