More interesting (I hope?) CrossFire Stuff....

Ken Kelly ken73 at ken73.homeip.net
Mon Jul 16 02:37:06 GMT 2001

Got kinda fed up with all the dangly wires and stuff from Peter's ALDL
interface (single transistor, 160 baud, for '7747) so I integrated it into
my CrossFire-to-'7747 pigtail! I put a 1/8" jack in my ashtray area and used
a 1/8" mono plug molded with a shielded cable to the DB9, so I can not only
unplug it easy, but it looks fairly professional. It still works perfectly,
just no dangly wires all over the place. Check it out here:

http://www.enteract.com/~mikew/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000112.html

I also made a "Tattle-Tale" device (box full of LED's) to monitor various
functions. I've got it set to monitor the AIR valves, the Cannister Purge
valve, TCC, 4th gear and the "A2_OUT" that's listed in the schematics. (Just
for giggles, mostly.) I've noticed that the PROM I'm using now doesn't do
anything with the Cannister purge OR either of the AIR valves. Not to
mention that my 4th gear light never lights up - does anyone know if it's
supposed to be a positive feed wire, or is it grounded like all the others?
(The others are all switched ground as far as I can tell.) TCC lights up
like a champ, and the coolest part is, I can watch my speedo and it goes
on/off exactly at the points I have it programmed to. :)

Check the box out here:

http://www.enteract.com/~mikew/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000113.html

"The Third" Ken Kelly