'749 in Fiero

Aron Travis atravis at spacey.net
Mon Jul 16 14:40:43 GMT 2001

Designed by Getrag, built in Muncie, used in quite a few GM cars
with the V-6 and manual trans. The Fiero (I think) used a different
clutch slave set up than the FWD cars.
The weak spot is the clutch. The trans can take most what ever
you throw at it, the problem is getting a clutch that won't break
loose. Probably due to a too small bell housing, I'd guess.
Here's a web page all about it-
http://www.rodneydickman.com/getraginfo.htm

-Aron-