'749 in Fiero

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Mon Jul 16 11:09:33 GMT 2001

Ludis Langens wrote:
  BTW, GM parts catalogs call the Getrag a Muncie.

The trans was manufactured at the Muncie transmission plant.  An instructor in a
training class once said that GM bought the trans and the Muncie facility won
the bid to make it.

In comparison to the RWD trans of the 60's and 70's, I smile when I try to think
of the 4 speed transaxle as a "rock crusher."  I guess if a tennis shoe with
wheels can be called a Pontiac Le Mans...

Shannen