84 Vette BINS

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Tue Jul 17 04:03:23 GMT 2001

There are a few "starter" .bins floating around.  When I changed my pickup truck
over I burned a bunch of manual trans .bins with the correct injector constant
and worked with the one that idled the best.  Then I did the chip from scratch.
The pickup's got a bored 302 with a mild cam, manual trans, 3.90:1 rear gears
and injectors from a 350.  No factory calibration would be right for that
combination.  But they were all an improvement since that cold engine misfire
went away without even doing any tuning.

All the xfires run rich when cold.  Even with aftermarket chips.  And even when
the engine's warm it doesn't take much to deliberately stall one.  The 7747
calibrations are just much more driveable.  Plus they can be tuned where the
xfire table info is not available.  Will the 7747 make more power or be more
driveable out of the box?  Definitely not.  But it will be better in a
relatively short time.

And later, when you decide to put that zz430 engine under the hood, you'll be
all set to make the changes needed to make that engine live under a xfire
manifold. ; )  By using the plug n play harness connectors that were mentioned
previously you can re-install your xfire ecm if you ever decide to sell the
car.  Of course by then you probably won't even want to reinstall the old ecm.
But the changes can be made in such a way as to not be permanent.

Shannen