Metric/US horsepower?

Malcolm Robb, LC 0112G Webmaster at lotus-carlton.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 14:43:41 GMT 2001

Most (all ?) European cars are now rated in PS, including all the British
sold GM cars (Vauxhalls). I wasn't aware that it was different to the US
BHP, but I'm not surprised. A lot of things got screwed up when we
graciously granted the colonies independence :) Gallons, Miles, Beer to
name just a few :)

Stick with the US BHP on this list - it's only 1.3% in error, and the dyno
probably isn't that accurate anyway, not to menton tolerances between
engines.

Malcolm Robb, LC 0112G