84 Vette BINS

sapearso at rockwellcollins.com sapearso at rockwellcollins.com
Wed Jul 18 07:26:40 GMT 2001

If someone needs one of these, I happen to have one. I think it's a 5550,
it's from a Crossfire Camaro automatic. Contact me offlist if you're
interested.

Scott

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:38:25 -0800
From: Ludis Langens <ludis at cruzers.com>
Subject: Re: 84 Vette BINS

Bruce wrote:

> Nodda,
> none,
> not from GM, junk yards, friends, or remanufactured thru the local parts
> houses.

There are only three different Crossfire ECMs.  The original '5550, the
'6026 for later automatics, and the '6430 for later manuals.  I saw a
'5550 last summer in a wrecking yard.  If you really need a '5550, I
suspect a few resistors could be moved from a dead '5550 to the common
4-cyl '5570 to turn it into a '5550.  The '6026 are very common 'cause
they were also used on 4-cyl engines.  The '6430 is probably hard to find.

Talking about hard to find ECMs, last summer it took me months to find a
certain half year only 4-cyl 1982 ECM.  I wanted to read out the ROM.
The supply of these older cars seems to be drying up.

- --