Another Casualty

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jul 19 21:48:54 GMT 2001

Hahahaha.

yes, they can go in an instant.
You can overheat say a driver, say in WOT.  Then the next time you get the
ecm that warm again it fails fully.  In playing with P+Hs in a saturated
driver ecm, I did ruin several in different ways.  *Sometimes*, they (the
injector drivers) can fail at higher rpm, after overheating them.
Sometimes, instantly they go, go open.   A driven solenoid, can short, and
then become heat sensitive, and in that way wipe out part of the ecm.

Instead of reinstalling them, it's better to leave them just laying on the
floor board so there is more airflow over them, and changing chips is just
so much easier.   Mounting one under hood is just asking for trouble in my
book (free advise)
Bruce

From: "Programmer" <nwester at eidnet.org>
Subject: Re: Another Casualty