165 BLM Fine Corse

jll at edge.net jll at edge.net
Fri Jul 20 21:12:32 GMT 2001

Hello Steve,
>From the data I have seen scanned on these two values and reading materials.

These are two types of filters:
1) Integrator: basic first order filter set with a small time constant so that
it's response is rather dynamic
2) BLM: the integrator value is then plugged into a sample average type filter
which takes an average of the integrator value over a period of time or number
of samples and update only at the end of the sample period. I have heard that
typical sample periods are on the order of 10 seconds.

JL