CrossFire/'7747

David & Cheryl Haggard david at newcovenant.com
Mon Jul 23 14:10:55 GMT 2001

   I mic'ed the original runners at 1.38" X 1". My heads' intake ports
measure 2.00" X 1.25". That meant 3/4" there was a 3/4" step from the
manifold outlet to the head inlet. Great for anti-reversion, but not much
for flow demand over 560 cfm.
   With the major surgery I performed, the intake runners now measure 1.65"
X 1.20", over their full length. This leaves 0.350", over 1/3 inch, of the
original exit step, which will still help anti-reversion quite a bit. But
the manifold should now support up to about 800 cfm of flow demand. An
excellent match for my heads, which have been flow-tested at 192 cfm per
port, or 768 cfm.
   This puts the major restriction to flow where it belongs on a carb or TBI
setup-- at the throttle butterflies.
   Note-- I did all this with the assumption that if it doesn't work well,
I'll buy an Edelbrock C-26 Dual-Quad manifold to hold my dual 2-bbl TBI's.

Dave