Knock sensor on Pontiac 6000

Gonyou, Jeremy (.) jgonyou at ford.com
Mon Jul 23 16:44:01 GMT 2001

<< Does a circa-1988 Pontiac 6000 with 2.8L MPI V6 have a knock sensor?  (This
 particular car is marked as being converted to speed density.)  If it does,
 where is it?  It must be on the firewall side of the block, the only side I
 couldn't get to this weekend (long story).  Also, is the knock sensor the
 same (or similar) to that of a V8 TPI 91-92 such that I can steal the
 connector???  It's the only missing piece for my 165-to-730 conversion.

Jim Wrote:
>If memory serves me the knock sensor is above the starter. Maybe yours is pre
>EST?

I think that is just for cars with two knock sensors.  My 3.1 has it on the back near the crank position sensor.