128838 ANFK ECM infos????

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Tue Jul 24 23:01:01 GMT 2001

Volker wrote:

> Any idea how the PROM-ID might look like on the serial stream? I have
> to guess the interface parameters first (again, I don't know if it's a
> 160 or 8192 baud interface) and I need to have at least a few known
> bytes to identify the correct settings (the PROM ID should be the only
> non-variable data at the stream, right?).

In the 160 baud ECMs, it's usually the second and third byte (in
Motorola big endian order).

> Yesterday I tried to catch data (I assembled an interface converter
> using some information off the net) and with 160 baud the data stream
> looks best. Every two seconds or so there is a data packet but with
> unequal size (sometimes 32 byte sometimes 33 byte). I found no similar
> bytes so I guess the parameters must have been wrong (160N81) or my
> fresh assembled interface is buggy (or anything else).

Your ECM is almost certainly a 1227747 (mentioned _often_ in the
archives) just with different software in ROM.  This means it is a 160
baud ECM.  Note that the 160 baud data format is _NOT_ what a regular
computer UART wants.  Within the last month, there was a thread talking
about the 160 baud.  There is a trick for getting a standard UART (like
in a PC) to receive the data.