128838 ANFK ECM infos????

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Wed Jul 25 02:36:41 GMT 2001

Ludis Langens wrote:

> ... Note that the 160 baud data format is _NOT_ what a regular
> computer UART wants.  Within the last month, there was a thread talking
> about the 160 baud.  There is a trick for getting a standard UART (like
> in a PC) to receive the data.

Hmm, "trick" probably gives the impression that it can be done simply.
Here's the (still incomplete document) that describes how a PC UART can
read GM 160 baud ALDL:

  http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/aldl160/160serial.htm

And of course, Ludis, and Steve Ravet too, I must attribute this "trick"
to a message one of you first posted some years ago in this forum (well,
actually, the original DIY forum). I believe GM's own tools use this
"trick" to read 160 baud ALDL, but I'd be interested in a first hand
account that this is in fact the case.

Peter.