'165 $32B vs $6E

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Fri Jul 27 02:59:42 GMT 2001

"romans, mark" wrote:

> .. Except that now I am thinking 730, speed density might be the way to go!

You can keep your '165 and go to speed density (MAP) - simply go with
an Australian calibration - there's a $5D calibration that has a .ECU
file floating around. I even have a $5D with 8192 baud ALDL code that
has been stitched in, but I haven't officially "released" this yet.

The $5D was calibrated for 4, 6 and 8 cyl applications, both TBI and TPI,
all with MAP, but the standard $5D only had 160 baud ALDL on the SES light.

Peter.