'165 $32B vs $6E

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 28 01:10:15 GMT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gmecm at diy-efi.org [mailto:owner-gmecm at diy-efi.org]On Behalf
Of Marteney, Steven J.
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 12:51 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: '165 $32B vs $6E

Sorry for the ignorance, but what is a Vette 4+3 tranny?  Is it actually one
of those add-on units that adds an additional gear reduction in any gear?
~Yes.

So is it an automatic overdrive (4)
~No stick.

plus the add on that works in the lower
3 gears?
~ I think that you can use it w/any gear, but I thought that it was
recommened for 2-4.

The factory actually did this?
~ Yes with mixed results.  some people thought they worked great, but I have
a buddy that did nothing @ the local Chevy dealer but work on them & he
hated them.

BW

Steve