'165 $32B vs $6E

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sat Jul 28 04:38:41 GMT 2001

The 4+3 is a GM designed, Doug Nash manufactured transmission.  It is a Borg
Warner Super T-10 4 speed manual transmission with an oil pump and planetary
gearset on the output shaft which provides direct drive and overdrive
operation.  There is a button on the shift lever or console used to provide
input to the ecm for overdrive engagement.  Different year 'vettes operate
differently, and there's enough variation that there's no real general set of
rules.  The transmission is not very durable.  Any leaks between the manual
transmission and the auto trans OD unit usually result in failure of the od.
The screen filter in the od unit should be cleaned and the fluid changed every
10k mi.  The transmission is a beter novelty than anything else.  It should not
be considered for any performance apps.

Here is some more info:
http://www.gearzone.net/dne.htm
Shannen