New L88?

Gonyou, Jeremy (.) jgonyou at ford.com
Mon Jun 18 18:02:15 GMT 2001

Wow, looks like I'm outnumbered here.  Go figure, GMECM board and all.  But to clear up some things.

*I'm not some Ford-Rules-Chevy-Sucks type.  Don't let the domain name fool you.  I just work here.  Ford is almost as bad as GM (bonus points only because they're *trying*).  Ford engines are particularly low-output for some reason.  It's no reason to beat up on 4 valve engines.

*I didn't really want to get into the 4 valve vs 2 valve thing, as I assumed every agreed that 4 valves are better than 2.  I was kinda going for the high tech vs low tech thing.  Everytime I see a Honda suspension I fall in love all over again.  AWD, VVT, and -a subject near and dear to all of our hearts- EFI.  Saab had it in the early 70's.  The general is sick.

*I also didn't mean any personal assault on the corvette crowd.  I think the corvette is the best thing that GM puts out.

On other side of the spectrum we have the cadillac cimmarons, geo storms, azteks, etc.  Remember the 301 Turbo Trans Am?