New L88?

Ethan c5efiecm at performanceresearchonline.com
Mon Jun 18 18:54:39 GMT 2001

Just some quick thought provoking since the C5 is our business...

Aren't engineers paid to formulate the simplest functional solution that
operates within project performance and reliability parameters?

We would like to see a 4 valve LSx, but perhaps with single cam or a more
creative form of valve actuation. The current platform/configuration has
great potential still, with research lacking in induction/head design and
engine geometry. Our suggestions to GM (which we convey periodically in
conversation with Hill and his team) would be to experiment with
hemispherical chambers and a longer [connecting] rod length.

Ethan Hall
Performance Research and Development, Inc.
www.performanceresearchonline.com
.