New L88?

akallotte at juno.com akallotte at juno.com
Tue Jun 19 01:02:28 GMT 2001

Wow, I'm not at all embarassed to pilot a pushrod Chevy.  Neither are the
new Vette owners with 400 reliable, drivable hp out of showroom 346 ci.
And don't forget torque.  That's what seperates the LS1 from the
"high-tech" stuff.  What torque at what rpm would the theoretical Honda
V8 produce?  Torque is what makes the LS1/6 fuel economical.  The main
benefit to DOHC is 4 valves per cylinder, which is why the general is
developing a dual cam in block setup.  BTW, I think the GM LSx engineers
did a great job of accomplishing their goals with the many constraints
the general placed on them.