New L88?

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Tue Jun 19 03:52:36 GMT 2001

I've seen the Comp Cam Optitron in operation.
No water pump in operation in the testing I saw.
No oil on valve springs for cooling, and they go crispy and fail, same with
overheating a motor from coolant lose.

Bearing and ring friction are bigger slices of the HP loose from internal
engine stuff, and they have been making progress there.

There are so many considerations, HP being only one element.
Bruce

> I think that the LS1 is a fantastic motor.  the gains with the new LT1 &
LS1
> are great I think.  I do think though that the pushrod motor is going to
> come to an end shortly.  I don't know what is  coming next but it is
> interesting what you can do w/o all that valve train.  has anyone seen how
> much heat & noise that just the valve train makes?  it is incredible.
comp