747 Timing Calc

Brent wildkat at paonline.com
Tue Jun 19 18:07:17 GMT 2001

I'm having trouble figuring out how the 7747 calculates timing.  This stock
bin is for a '91 Chevy C2500, 350, auto, 3.73.
http://www.paonline.com/WildKat/arjt000.bin

Lets run the engine at 3200RPM, PE mode, 100KPA, 75d C coolant temp.  I'll
assume there is no knock retard.  I used WinBin to find the values.

According to the 747 timing doc there are 15 or so parameters that are added
together to result in total timing.

1  Timing Table   + 21.09
2  Slope               + 0       (starts at 3600rpm)
3  Coolant Comp  + 20.4
4  EGR adv       + 0
5  PE adv        + 2.11
6  Aldl adv      + 0       (or should this be 8.09?)
7  Startup adv   + 0
8  Hiway adv     + 0
9  Warm Bias     - 9.84
10 Cold Bias     - 20.4
11 Dissy Initial - 0
12 test for max adv
13 Burst knock   - 0
14 Knock         - 0
15 Latency Correction

Total = 13.36 degrees @ WOT

Does this truck really only want 13.36 degrees of advance @ WOT?  I think
I'm missing something.  What did I leave out?

Regards,
Brent

Timing doc I am referring to:
http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/ecm_info/1227747/projects/747_ignition/spk747.t