EPROM question

Louis Baiani nepti at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Jun 20 10:48:27 GMT 2001

Compared to the original 1kx8 BPROM found in my ECM (84 vehicles), do
you think a standard EPROM (1kx8 2708) would work?  You're talking
probably 450ms access time compared to 50ms with the actual blown fuses
in a BPROM.  I wonder if the ECM cares enough to really read this that
quickly or is it picky and that's why GM used BPROM.  Has anyone ever
suceeded in using a standard EPROM (if it's a fast EPROM, then that's
different).  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Louis