anyone tryed hotrockers

David & Cheryl Haggard david at newcovenant.com
Wed Jun 20 19:44:23 GMT 2001

    Nuttin' wrong with being a newbie. We all were once. I think I still am.
    I'd like to see Jim McFarland's article on this, before I passed
judgment. However, running some quick Dyno2000 sims on my build doesn't look
promising. But the Hotrockers website does throw the caveat that your
engine's heads must be such that they will respond to higher lift. The flow
tests on my heads indicate that for my power range and camshaft, more or
less lift gives minimal return.
    Articles in Car Craft, Hot Rod, and others confirm this. Not all engines
respond dramatically to changes of rocker ratio. Others do. Until the
Hotrockers maker comes up with some sort of guide to help you tell ahead of
time whether they will help your engine or not, I'd sink my 930 bucks into
other parts.

Dave Haggard
   1988 Formula Firebird
   305 2 X 2-bbl CFI (under construction)