747 Timing Calc

Brent wildkat at paonline.com
Wed Jun 20 21:46:02 GMT 2001

I assume that I did the calculation correctly.  I really wasn't sure whether
to include the "ALDL/CL adv " or not.

Amazing yes and confusing.  I don't understand why it only needs 13d @
3200rpm WOT.   I thought the older iron heads had a slow burn rate as
compared to newer alum heads and required more WOT timing...

Seems to indicate the mixture is burning very rapidly or end combustion is
taking place in the exh manifolds.    Thoughts?

Regards,
Brent