anyone tryed hotrockers

David & Cheryl Haggard david at newcovenant.com
Thu Jun 21 19:46:10 GMT 2001

   Supposedly, Dyno2000 automagically takes the lift into consideration as
it affects overall duration, but not sure how it does that. I have, though,
entered in some real-life engines with real-life head flow data, and seen
how it predicts the changes with different rocker ratios. Seems to be pretty
accurate. Once your lift is already optimum for the heads' flow, though,
little is to be gained at either low or high end by varying the rocker
ratio, unless the cam is very stock or very radical (from what I have seen).
   From what I saw on the Hotrockers website, they looked to me like they
are still a friction-fulcrum design. Roller tips, but the fulcrum is
friction. From that I wonder if they can give any advantage over a rull
roller rocker's friction reduction.
   Interesting to look at, and fore SOME engines, certainly something to
consider.

Dave