Daicom craps out again.....

matthew.d.sandine.1 msandine at purdue.edu
Wed Jun 27 21:47:04 GMT 2001

Craig,
I have had success running a Vette bin in a 730 ECM, so if all else fails,
you might substitute the YY in the vin for FF and then mess around with
the engine code till Diacom shows a different 8 cyl TPI engine. If you
need, I will try to get ahold of the first series of numbers/letters in
the vin I use. My display still shows the option of connecting to DERM or
ECM and since I don't have the DERM, I just go straight to ECM reading.
Laptop is an antiquated Compaq with duct tape holding the hinge at the
screen on. If all else fails, the only difference I have on mine is that
when I did the 870 upgrade, my ALDL no longer uses pin E and I think pin E
is jumped to pin M on the 730 and possibly 727. Good luck, -Matt-