165 MAF computer

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Fri Jun 29 23:14:15 GMT 2001

This be one of em times when having a known good MAF would be worth it's
weight in gold.  In the GN world there are no new MAFs, and the aftermarket
ones are a 50/50 gamble that they might even be close.

What kinda of pulse widths, and timing are you seeing?.
If the engine is getting plenty of fuel, and the timing is right, it should
run.
On the GNs, they sometimes add all the fuel at the max grm/sec, and then
just let the motor go rich till it gets past the end of the table, where it
leans out again

A friend figured out when picking components out, that say drop .1 or .2 sec
off of your ET, reguardless of how many items you use that claim that, it's
always the same .1 or .2 <g>.....

Too much timing,
too much fuel
will prevent an engine from running hard enough to make enough HP to use the
available air.
Bruce