165 MAF computer

Greg Westphal gcwestph at erols.com
Sat Jun 30 01:52:52 GMT 2001

I saw 160 gps out of my internally-stock 305 with the small stock cam,
headers, 3.42 gears, and all the little mods.  My best time at the track
last fall was 14.86 @ 91.0 mph, and it dyno'd this spring at 172.5 RWHP
and 277 lb-ft of torque, and it was down 30-40 horsepower from last
fall.  I know I've seen guys with built 350/383 engines peg the MAF at
255 gps, plus (as someone else mentioned) it's set up in the code to be
the max due to the hexidecimal system.  With my 355 I just installed,
I'm curious to see if I can peg my MAF meter too. :-)

Greg Westphal
'87 IROC