165 MAF Computer

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Sat Jun 30 16:55:00 GMT 2001

>>If your maf is reading properly and you are only reading 175 grams/sec
then
your system just isn't flowing much air.<<

That's exactly what I tried to tell them, too !! That's the point at which
the S10 just
quits pulling...it'll gain a higher MAF value, but never pulls hard past
4500 RPM.
They've built rigs with exactly the same bottom end with carburation and
have never
run into these problems...the cam in use now is a 110 lobe centre, 258/264
and
.480 and .487 exh. From the dyno software I use, this thing should have
gained around
50 HP above 5K--instead it lost about 50 HP. Worst thing was I recommended
this
cam above the stock camshaft--since we didn't want to get into a lopey idle.
How do you tell a race shop that's built a bazillion race engines that this
last one with
all the whizziest parts isn't flowing air ??

Lyndon.