Siamesed Runner TPI Questions...

Doug Dayson djdayson at home.com
Fri Jun 1 05:43:02 GMT 2001

Thanks all for the responses...

So Dave, I was thinking the same except for this argument to the contrary re
the Holley Two-Barrel TBI.

To me a 406 with a mild 6000 redline (800 rpm over my current dual-plane power
peak, figure that the single-plane will bump the power peak a few hundred rpm)
will require a 634 cfm TB (assuming 90% VE). Now, a 670 cfm two-barrel TBI
rated @ 3.0-in.Hg equals only 473 cfm @ 1.5-in.Hg.

This pressure drop rating thing appears to be a top-end limiting factor to me.
GM
however does run these 670 cfm TBI's on their BB's don't they? It seems to me
that the 670 cfm TBI would only support a 454ci to 4000 rpm or so, is this GM's

redline on their 454's these days?

Am I thinking ballpark here or am I really missing something?

Holley also has a 900cfm four-barrel TBI, do you have any experience with that
as it would certainly be big enough. I believe the latest versions come with
their modern Commander ECM and software, and progressive secondary throttle
linkage, as well as better injectors. Comments?

Thanks for all the help!

Doug