mileage

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Fri Jun 1 06:07:01 GMT 2001

I made a few forgettable attempts with EGR, even after being told by Bruce
& the little guys that there's not too much to be found.  Just gotta bang
my head against walls sometimes.  Then a leaking EGR valve caused me a
week's worth of headaches so it's gone.  I'll be happy with my 23+ mpg on
the highway, due mainly to a little highway fuel & a bunch of highway spark.

Every 80's+ EGR valve I've seen are apply vacuum to open.   The only one I
have that's "positive pressure" was the original Seville unit, wierd thing
with a EGR valve, a seperate 2nd diaphram, and a little tube from the base
to the EGR diapram.  It's in the collection of wierd parts, along with the
stock Bendix "TPS".

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob at tecmark.com