Prom problem?

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 7 04:34:37 GMT 2001

Evening gents,

This seems like an elementary thing but for someone that is new to
electronics this might not be so intuitive.  especially when, as yall have
pointed out, the CPU gets power from several places.    this is one of those
things that gets forgotten when helping a new person start doing the editing
boogie.

I have been looking into emulators, & one of the things that the tech tools
emulator provides is a RESET or ~RESET line that you connect to the target.
the emulator pulls the reset line before it downloads the image & then when
it is done with the down load (& the check if turned on) it lets go of the
line.  this forces the CPU (& anything that has a RESET) to come up & start
as if it were first turned on.  for this reason, I have been checking this
out on my 7730 CPU & it would be rather simple to wire this up to a
momentary (although I would hate for the switch to short to ground as I am
doing a buck-20), for this purpose.  I have to find it anyway for the
emulator, so.......... just a thought.

thoughts?
BW