GM 4cyl DIS ... what cars have 'em?

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Fri Mar 9 01:48:30 GMT 2001

shannen at grolen.com writes:

> Any car with a 2.3 or 2.4l engine
>  some later 2.5l engines
>  all 2.0/2.2 Chevy made engines (look for flat, black, ribbed valve cover).

> The
>  first year for this engine was 88 or 89.  It's a basic engine offered in
GM
> cars
>  after 92.
>
>  Shannen

OK thanks,
I've seen plenty of those motors in the yard, I just never bothered to see
what was igniting them!
Bruce wrote to say that he tried my idea with a Mallory unit, and it did not
work.
I need to convert these points to something anyway, so I will buy the Crane
unit and try it with that one.  I won't get my hopes up, though.  At the very
least, it may suffice to trigger a standard HEI?