triggering an HEI module

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Fri Mar 9 01:56:41 GMT 2001

r71chevy at earthlink.net writes:

> If triggering is the issue maybe an Ignitor like the pertronix is the way
>  to go (www.pertronix.com ) or possibly a
>  Hall effect like MSD's.
>

>  BW

What I'm working with is an Alfa four-banger.  Not too many drop in
conversion kits for that one.  I have a chevy crank trigger (forget who made
it) that I was thinking of making work, but the XR-700 idea just seemed too
easy!
Part of the plan is to just convert the ignition to anything but points for
now (and keeping my mechanical advance..Webers really aren't too bad after
all), with an eye towards GM-EFI in the future (thus needing something that
will trigger an HEI module.)  And of course, I have to be different, so DIS
would be neat!
Thanks,
Ted