(Pt 2) Possibly OT, ??s about a GM feedback Q-jet

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 9 07:01:25 GMT 2001

If you are opening up the throttle blades too much to idle you may need to
drill a small hole in the butterfly near the idle port. You dont want to
expose too much of the transfer slot. and you NEVER want to be above the
transfer slaot at idle. That will throw off the whole idle circuit to main
circuit transition, and you will have a horrible stumble as well as bad
run-on.
The "idle screws" dont realy adjust the mixture, just the volume of
emulsified fuel/air going through the idle circuit. This then will mix with
the volume of air going around the throttle blades. get youre throttle
blades to close down more, and adjust the "mixture" with the idle
jet(recomended) itself and the idle air bleed (not recomended cuz bigger is
leaner, but comes on later).

Drilling a small hole (1/16 of an inch or so) can usualy improve things a
whole lot.