Limp home mode

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 12 15:09:08 GMT 2001

Ludis,

I was sooooooooo not clear, about what i meant.  what i meant is that
I thought that the U17 chip was some kind of a watch dog   that I
assumed that one of the RC networks to the left of the print were the RC
networks that bring up the chip   that i could tie into the input to the
chip   have the chip control the output.  I saw the Resister on the
~ RESET line but thought that it was just a pull up for the line for some
reason.  From the way that this chip is behaving it appears that this is
some kind of power control chip (kind of like a on off relay).  I am also
guessing that one of the RC networks on the left side (.2, .3, .5, .6, .7, .9,
.10) control the timing of the chip coming up.  for example one of the RC
networks brings VCC1 up.  another brings VCC2 up
another brings up VCC3.  during this time it holds the ~RESET line
  after all the power comes up it lets go of the ~RESET line.

the question in my mind was which RC network controlled the ~RESET line
  that is what i guessed was .2.  maybe i am reading in too
much here but if this is not kind of how this chip works then what are all
the RC networks for? (more rhetorical than anything i suppose).

I guess i ought to just tie to the ~RESET line   get on with

tanks again, sorry for the confusion.

BW