Vortec VCM & EVAP

Todd Burkard toddburkard at pcmc.com
Fri Mar 16 16:02:02 GMT 2001

I don't know for sure but I was working on my Uncles 4.3L Vortec and he had Fuel pressure but no spark. I replaced the coil and a number of other parts pertaining to the ignition. Nothing. I hooked up the scan tool and the injectors were pulsing but still wouldn't start. He brought it in and they said the Snake as they called it was plugged. I don't know if the fuel pressure sensor is after the Valve for checking the pressure I never looked but from this I would have to say it has to do with the computer only firing the Ignition if there is fuel pressure.

If I am wrong please fill me in because this really baffled me.

Todd