Vortec VCM & EVAP

Gonyou, Jeremy (.) jgonyou at ford.com
Fri Mar 16 16:01:46 GMT 2001

I have a guess...

Some manuafactuars are going to a single-rail as an emissions device.
Cycling fuel through the return line heats it up and causes more evaporative
emissions...hence the single rail.

My guess is that the 96+ Vortechs use a single rail and a fuel pressure
sensor to better estimate what the injectors are actually spraying out - as
a single rail can't use the traditional fuel pressure regulator.

Jeremy