Reply to Squash's reply about What ECM should I use for my Mopar 440 conversion project?

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Fri Mar 16 21:20:36 GMT 2001

You'll get error codes stored, and a check engine light for sure.  I
don't know if it will change the operation of the "engine portion" of
the ECM.  Al just posted that you can turn off the trans codes.  You do
that by reading the contents of the EPROM into a .bin file, editing it
with a bin editor (like www.tunercat.com), and then programming it back
into the EPROM.  More details on that process can be had in the GMECM
FAQ on the GMECM page (www.diy-efi.org/gmecm).

I've just looked at tunercats 93 C/K TDF list and there's nothing in
there about error codes so you might have to do some looking to figure
out how to disable the trans stuff. I'd still start with 1227747.

"What do the body type letters mean"

Don't really know either.  Maybe someone could post a list?
The ones I know are:
C/K   full size pickup 2x4/4x4
F     camaro/firebird
Y     corvette