Palm ALDL Data Logger

Dale Klein daklein at netzero.net
Tue Mar 20 04:40:26 GMT 2001

Bill, and anyone who may try this.
         I believe that your program may also work with v3.3 OS upgrade IF
the 'aol mail / serial' update (just a prc file) is also installed.... Both
of which can be gotten from www.palm.com and are free, as opposed to the
$15 for the v3.5 OS. (whohoo! I saved enough buy an extra icecream cone
now..... well, actually, I think we need diapers honey... doah!)
         I did this on my pc with the POSE emulator and aldl.prc tonight
and I SEE THE CORRECT CHATTER from the pcm using the malfs
screen.  Neat!!  With the emulator using v3.1 OS (the original IIIx OS) it
does not work, with the error that the updated v3.5 serial mgr is
needed.
         In the next couple days I will change the flash OS on my IIIx to
v3.3 with the serial update, and try it with the actual palm & rewired
cradle.  I wired a 25 pin to the cradle (I think I made it like a null
modem cable), to hook up to andrew's converter.

Dale

At 09:53 PM 3/17/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Any Palm users out there?
>
>I just uploaded to incoming (ftp://diy-efi.org/incoming/) a file called
>ALDLLOG1.ZIP.  This is my first pass at an ALDL logger for the Palm.  This
>version only works with the '749,  and there are some other limitations
>noted in the readme.txt file.  I
>need a few brave men to try it out and get back to me with some feedback.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bill

Shop online without a credit card
http://www.rocketcash.com