Externally mountable IAC

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Wed Mar 21 22:49:24 GMT 2001

In a message dated 3/21/01 11:30:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
broth at sanjuan.edu writes:

<< Sounds promising except I do not know if I have a space large enough to put
 a hole that big in the TB. I would like to try to do it with vacuum hoses
 connecting the IAC to external ports. I hope I am explaining this well.

 Brian  >>

It's hard to explain if you cannot actually see the part, but instead of
mounting it to a hole like I did, you could mount it to a flat piece of
metal, or even a stout piece of plastic.  Then you just attach a 'nipple' to
the piece of plastic, and attach the vacuum hose to that.
What you should do is go to the junk yard and pull one of these things off
and take it home and look at it for yourself.  You will certainly be able to
do something with it.  Its an easily adaptable piece of hardware.
HTH,
Ted